yum update btrfs-progs failing on F16alpha

Kaleb S. KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Thu Sep 1 14:21:43 UTC 2011

I've got an F16alpha kvm guest installed from scratch a few days ago.

Today I tried a `yum update` (with --disablerepo=updates-testing) which
failed. By trial and error I determined that it is btrfs-progs, trying
to update from 0.19-13.fc15 to 0.19-16.fc15, that fails with:

   warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V3 RSA/SHA256 Signature, key ID
069c8460: NOKEY
   Retrieving key from file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-x86_64

   The GPG keys listed for the "Fedora 16 - x86_64" repository are
already installed but they are not correct for this package.
   Check that the correct key URLs are configured for this repository.

The maintainer doesn't know why the keys is bad. (I've also asked him
why there isn't an fc16 rpm, just fc15 and fc17 in koji. Do we care that
there are not fc16 builds?)

How did it get a bad key? Do we even care if the newer version goes out
in the beta? FWIW I forced it by installing the RPM with `rpm -i --force`.

--

Kaleb