floppy support

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Thu Sep 1 15:28:53 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 22:41:45 -0500,
  Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> Below is a proposed specfile for the floppy case. (Analog joystick would be
> very similar.) I haven't tested the package for functionality yet, but did
> test it with rpmbuild and rpmlint. Is this what we want? Is this ready
> for a formal review?

I tested this out and it seems to load the floppy module on install and
on boot. It does not trigger creating the /dev/floppy sym link and I am
not sure if anything affecting how the desktop treats floppies should
also be included. (I would think checking for inserted floppies would
be annoying in general and shouldn't be the default, but maybe there should
be something done to make them mountable by users by default.)

While it is possible to expand the scope a bit later (e.g. include a udev
rule in addition), I figured I'd check now to see if anyone had any suggestions
about additions before I submit it for review.