php-pear package build problem

Pavel Alexeev (aka Pahan-Hubbitus) forum at hubbitus.com.ru
Tue Sep 6 10:00:17 UTC 2011

05.09.2011 19:17, TASAKA Mamoru wrote:
> (Well, as you posted your first mail to fedora devel list, please
>  keep sending your reply also to devel list. This type of private
>  mails will be very confusing to many people who are also watching
> mailing
>  list because they cannot know what is currently discussed.
>
>  Would you tell me why you replied to my mail privately, although
>  I posted to devel list? This time I will mail to you privately, however
>  unless you have some special reason next
>  time I will want to post my mail also to devel list so that people can
>  see current discussion)
Mamoru, thank you very much for the answers. And excuse me - it was
mistake. Now I answer in list.

> First:
> * php-devel is not installed when trying to package srpm from spec and
> sources. This is
>   what koji (build server) always does. i.e. koji tries to package
> srpm first, at that time
>   only minimum buildroot packages are installed. Then after srpm is
> successfully packaged,
>   koji (yum) installs additional packages specified by BuildRequires.
> After that koji will
>   actually try to build binary rpms from the spec file.

No, in this case it was scratch build, so initially srpm was submitted.
>   So you must ensure that your srpm can successfully packaged even if
> none of packages
>   in BuildRequires are installed (and only minimum buildroot packages
> are installed).
>
> * Then looking at your spec file, there are actually two issues which
> prevents srpm
>   from being properly packaged.
>
> 1. The line 63
>
>    %if %( php -r 'echo version_compare(PHP_VERSION, "5.3.0", ">=") ? 1
> : 0;' )
>
>    cannot be parsed when php is not installed (again, when koji first
> tries to package
>    srpm, BuildRequires rpms are not installed yet). The correct line
> would be something
>    like:
>
>    %if %( which php &>/dev/null && php -r 'echo
> version_compare(PHP_VERSION, "5.3.0", ">=") ? 1 : 0'|| echo -n 0 )
>
>    However please reconsider if you really want this complicated line.
This line needed and I don't see any problems with it:
which php &>/dev/null && php -r 'echo version_compare(PHP_VERSION,
"5.3.0", ">=") ? 1 : 0'|| echo -n 0

always should return with 0 exit status and produce only 0 or 1 as
result, even if php not installed.

> 2. The line 28
>
>    %if %{?php_zend_api}0
>
>    cannot be parsed when %php_zend_api is not integer (and this is
> actually happening
>    currently). The correct line would be something like
>
>    %if 0%{?php_zend_api?1:0}
>
>    however it seems this line is no longer needed on Fedora:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:PHP#C_extensions_.28PECL_and_others.29
It stil needed for EPEL
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:EPEL#PHP_ABI_Check_Handling and
exactly in this form