Transmission and Deluge sysv to systemd
"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 14:43:56 UTC 2011
On 09/07/2011 02:29 PM, Michał Piotrowski wrote:
> W dniu 7 września 2011 16:18 użytkownik Michał Piotrowski
> <mkkp4x4 at gmail.com> napisał:
>> 2011/9/7 "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"<johannbg at gmail.com>:
>>> On 09/07/2011 01:55 PM, Michał Piotrowski wrote:
>>>> Yes, conversion into two separate services seems to be the most
>>>> appropriate solution.
>>>> Here is a service file for transmission
>>> From the looks of it missing an
>> I added this command to service and pid file isn't created. I'm using F15.
> I uploaded a new version with this command and changes suggested by
> Tomasz Torcz.
Your unit file is still incomplete
1. there is no point in sourcing the sysconfig file if you are using an
2. If using an EnvironmentFile= we add '-' in front of the path.
3. Adding the -f has the daemon stuck in foreground leaving the user
waiting for the command to complete
4. You are calling the Environment you set wrong which results in..
22197 /usr/bin/transmission-daemon -f -T # missing --blocklist -g
5. the reason there exist no pid file is because you omitted the section
that creates it in the legacy sysv init script as in ""pidof -o %PPID -x
$NAME > $DAEMON_PIDFILE"
More information about the devel