Duplicate provides for provides for perl(DynaLoader)

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Wed Sep 7 15:31:24 UTC 2011

On Sep 7, 2011, at 7:52 AM, Richard Hughes wrote:
> Not really a big problem, but I got this in my daily updates check:
>
> (zif:836): Zif-WARNING **: found multiple provides for perl(DynaLoader) ~ :
> (zif:836): Zif-WARNING **:
> 1.	perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker-6.57.5-187.fc16.noarch (updates-testing)
> (zif:836): Zif-WARNING **: 2.	perl-4:5.14.1-187.fc16.x86_64 (updates-testing)
>
> Is this intentional? It seemed a bit odd to be provided by the former.
>
> Richard.

I believe it is intentional.  The perl sig has split out some of what's bundled in perl itself until individual packages that can be updated out of sync with perl itself.  It is intentional that both the base perl package and the split off package provide the same things, they are expecting n-v-r ordering to sort it out.

This isn't much different from having two versions of the same package, an older one in base and a newer one in updates.

- jlk