Duplicate provides for provides for perl(DynaLoader)

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 16:32:01 UTC 2011

On 7 September 2011 16:31, Jesse Keating <jkeating at j2solutions.net> wrote:
> It is intentional that both the base perl package and the split off package provide the same things, they are expecting n-v-r ordering to sort it out.

Sure, but I couldn't see why something that is involved with creating
makefiles would provide a common C-loader-into-perl interface.

DynaLoader - Dynamically load C libraries into Perl code
ExtUtils::MakeMaker - Create a module Makefile

Either way, it's probably a bug in my code that it's issuing the
warning, and I'll see what I can do to reproduce it in a test case.
Thanks.

Richard.