submitters +1ing their own packages

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Thu Sep 8 16:40:57 UTC 2011

On Sep 7, 2011, at 7:13 PM, Andre Robatino wrote:

> My opinion is that packagers should be allowed to
> +1 their own packages after a certain delay (1 week, maybe?) if it hasn't gotten
> sufficient karma from others by then, and they do actual testing in a non-custom
> environment (for example, maintain a VM with close to default settings).

I think this is an unnecessary delay.  Either we trust the packager's testing ability, and his karma is valuable, or we don't and the user doesn't have the ability to add karma (exactly how is /that/ going to be programmed, I have no idea).  The week delay doesn't really add anything beneficial here at all.

- jlk