submitters +1ing their own packages

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Sep 8 17:41:31 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-09-08 at 16:43 +0200, Johannes Lips wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think a major problem of the current update policy is, that regular
> users don't see if there are new package updates in updates-testing,
> unless they enable it and I doubt many regular users do this.
>
> So we might think about spreading the word, when a new update of a
> software package is available in updates-testing. I don't know how we
> could achieve this. Perhaps an idea which I had earlier might be to
> start a page or service where you could "like" various packages and
> you'll get notifications if there is something happening with that
> package. Perhaps https://admin.fedoraproject.org/community/ could be a
> starting point for this idea.
> Perhaps we could collect other ideas on this but I think if we make the
> update process more public we will get more testers for sure.

Bodhi already automatically notifies any bugs that an update is marked
as fixing when that update is pushed into -testing, complete with
instructions on how to update to the -testing package, and we (QA) have
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Join linking to
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Updates_Testing and
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Proven_tester .
--