submitters +1ing their own packages

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Fri Sep 9 10:22:12 UTC 2011

Sorry, you are mixing two things:

1) One is testing environment and it can be probably well defined,
clean, etc.

2) The other thing is maintainer mindset. You can try to convince
yourself to take a different look but I doubt it will work. It reminds
me like if you do patch review of your patches, which doesn't make
sense. You, as a developer, are not able to spot weak points. And it is
expected that every developer delivers well tested and well behaving
code from his side (i.e. automatic +1 karma from his side). If there is
not enough karma for his package to bring it into the stable, then there
is probably time to ask somebody (probably on fedora-devel), to test
this package.

Vit

BTW no policy can stop some "evil maintainer" who will create other
Fedora accounts and give karma to his packages under different
identities. You can even add karma without Fedora identity, but I am not
sure if that counts.