openssh: no pre-release sanity check? [Re: ssh-to-rawhide hangs

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Mon Sep 12 10:33:01 UTC 2011

> On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 01:02:26AM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > On Mon, 2011-09-12 at 08:56 +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> >
> > > I thought AutoQA was going to do this, but it's been
> > > disappointing.

I haven't read the whole thread, but I also feel the rate of AutoQA development is slow. Unfortunately I don't know how to improve that, since there are just a few people working on it and they are also participating in release validation testing, test days and other QA activities.

> > AutoQA is under active development, still. It's a complex project.
>
> I hope I can make a suggestion:
>
> Can we have it so that packagers can commit a file into Fedora git
> (eg. "autoqa.sh"), and have that picked up by AutoQA and run whenever
> a new package appears in Rawhide.

This is exactly what we plan to do. In the bright future.