Development to release quality

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Mon Sep 12 14:05:05 UTC 2011

On 09/12/2011 06:01 AM, Matej Cepl wrote:

> Too much QA (or any external QA) imposed on the development make it
> slower. Compare Linux v. OpenSolaris kernel development. Fedora tries to
> be very fast developing distro, thus less QA in the development version.

Ah yes, the ol' QA conundrum.  There isn't enough when a bad product
slips into production and there is too much the rest of the time.

We need QA.  We also need to remember QA's place in this world--support,
not line management, not the the final arbiter.  But then this is
another long thread.

--
Regards,
OldFart