openssh: no pre-release sanity check? [Re: ssh-to-rawhide hangs

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Sep 12 18:52:39 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-09-12 at 11:48 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:

> > > AutoQA is under active development, still. It's a complex project.
> >
> > I hope I can make a suggestion:
> >
> > Can we have it so that packagers can commit a file into Fedora git
> > (eg. "autoqa.sh"), and have that picked up by AutoQA and run whenever
> > a new package appears in Rawhide.
>
> > It could just return exit status zero / non-zero, or if someone is
> > feeling ambitious:

> So yeah, this is certainly where we're going, we're just not there yet.
> As I wrote in the FESCo meeting today, AutoQA is currently in a slightly
> unfortunate position: the team's goal is that AutoQA is a generic
> framework which they maintain and to which other people contribute
> tests, i.e., they don't want it to be their job to write and maintain
> the tests themselves. But at the same time, the framework isn't yet
> quite to the point where it's actually at all easy for third parties to
> contribute tests. So right now, it's hard to contribute tests to AutoQA
> - or to put a more positive gloss on it, it's still at the point where
> the framework needs to be worked on, and we're concentrating on that
> work. (It's pretty easy to help out with the AutoQA framework, but
> that's not what most people are interested in contributing to).

I should note as an aside that I know I've posted a few times before
with much more of a "ra-ra, let's go, come along and contribute a test
to AutoQA!" kind of an approach: it has since been gently explained to
me by the AutoQA team that the above is a more realistic description of
the current situation, and unfortunately, we can't really take 'outside'
test submissions very easily at present. Please consider this the
current state of affairs and dismiss anything more optimistic I posted
previously as the insane ravings of a crack-addled fool, as I'm sure you
usually do with my messages anyway ;)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey