Kudos to Tom "Spot" Callaway

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Tue Sep 13 10:05:29 UTC 2011

Dne 13.9.2011 00:15, Jos Vos napsal(a):
> I just started to use it myself and it is in some situations *so much*
> faster than Firefox (on low-mem netbooks, for example), that I'm *very*
> glad to have Spot's packages.  Looking at Google's Chrome RPM, I would
> definitely refuse to install it on any system.

If there are bugs in Firefox, we are to fix them not avoid it. And try
later versions of Firefox (from their Aurora, Beta, channels).
Memshrinking effort is proceeding as we speak, and your bugs will be
very welcome in bugzilla.mozilla.org.

> So, Spot's repository is vital for me and other Chrome users and I
> hope to see it eventually in Fedora.

The fact that it is important for Fedora users, doesn't mean it must be
in the official Fedora repos (see MP3 codecs or other lovely programs in
non-Fedora repos). If it is so important, than surely spot would be
happy if somebody help him to maintain it.

Remember, this is Fedora. So, don't ask what can Fedora do for you, ask
what you can do for Fedora.

Best,

Matěj