submitters +1ing their own packages

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Sep 13 15:43:46 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-09-13 at 13:22 +0200, Nils Philippsen wrote:

> > That's only a default, though; you can lower it to 1 when you submit the
> > update. Also, once a critpath update hits the required threshold - +1
> > from a proventester, +1 from anyone else (PT or no) - you can manually
> > push it to stable, whatever auto-push threshold you set.
>
> Well, I never really understood why we're able to lower the stable karma
> threshold. To me that's much more "gaming the system" than a maintainer
> +1ing his update after testing it (with the default threshold).

The thresholds are as defined in the updates policy: +1 for
non-critpath, +1/+1 for critpath. The auto-push trigger is entirely a
function of convenience for maintainers. As long as it doesn't let you
effectively reduce the policy-defined thresholds, which it doesn't, I
don't see a problem.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey