[systemd-devel] question

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Wed Sep 14 04:44:00 UTC 2011

Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> writes:
> On 09/14/2011 09:55 AM, Genes MailLists wrote:
>> Honestly, if systemd updates has 5% of users failing on an update to
>> the software - we should dump the thing immediately and go back to
>> upstart. That is insanely high bug rate for core code which is (or
>> should be) pretty simple.

> Get real.  Nobody is dumping anything

Really?  To my mind, systemd is still on trial ... and it's failing.
I think there's a significant probability we'll go to something else
in a release or three.  I'm pretty seriously annoyed at the amount of
work that has been forced on me (as a package maintainer) in the service
of an unproven piece of software that may yet go down the tubes.

Take a look back at the list archives over the past few months, and
ask yourself how happy people actually are with this experiment.

			regards, tom lane