[systemd-devel] question

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Wed Sep 14 11:43:55 UTC 2011

On 09/14/2011 01:42 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:

>>  Honestly, if systemd updates has 5% of users failing on an update to
>> the software - we should dump the thing immediately and go back to
>> upstart. That is insanely high bug rate for core code which is (or
>> should be) pretty simple.
>
> Rahul was presenting a theoretical example, not an *expectation* that a
> systemd update would break things for 5% of users.

 I realize, but that was indeed part of the point of my reply - lets
avoid making up things (with or without hyperbole) - and best we can,
stick to facts and real issues.

 More helpful would be people who have tested the newer systemd on F15
to give us a better sample of what, if anything, got worse and/or better
as a consequence.

 Also, I'd be curious if LP felt the risk was high or negligible - since
his thoughts should carry more weight on this topic.
I assume he would not think 5% of users would have un-bootable systems.

 gene