[systemd-devel] question

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 11:50:40 UTC 2011

On 09/14/2011 05:13 PM, Genes MailLists wrote
>  I realize, but that was indeed part of the point of my reply - lets
> avoid making up things (with or without hyperbole) - and best we can,
> stick to facts and real issues.

You are ignoring the real issue.  Since you don't seem to understand my
point yet but let me rephrase it.  Any update has a risk.  A major new
version of a init system is a substantial risk in an update.   You
shouldn't  push it as an update unless there is a substantial
justification for taking that risk.  Since even a minor problem in a
init system can result in a system that you can't easily recover from,
the question always is not why not but why.   The goal of the update
policy is to ask that question.

Rahul