[systemd-devel] question

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Sep 13 22:07:57 UTC 2011

Am 13.09.2011 23:58, schrieb Rahul Sundaram:
> On 09/14/2011 02:59 AM, Sérgio Basto wrote:
>> So Fedora guys what you are waiting for ? update systemd please , should
>> I open a report in bugzilla ?
>
> I can explain each of your examples but since systemd upstream developer
> is also the Fedora maintainer,  I think he is in a better position to
> judge when to update. Fedora follows
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Updates_Policy

"better position to judge" is relative
yes, updates may introduce new bugs / problems

but nobody cared about all this before release systemd and some releases before
pulseaudio for the GA release and what here happens is "we release and hope it
will work good enough, fninish what we released will happen somewhere in time in
some release later"

it would be better these careful "not introduce problems" would happen before
release and not two releases later