what if native systemd service is slower than old sysvinit script?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Sep 14 16:54:16 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-09-14 at 18:23 +0200, drago01 wrote:

> What kind of disk is that? For a mechanical drive any gain from
> parallel startup  would get killed by disk seeks.

There is no real 'gain' from parallel startup when switching from
upstart to systemd, especially in the F15 case where almost all the
initscripts used are still the same. It seems to often be forgotten that
upstart already did parallelization, this is not something new we're
getting with systemd.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey