Fedora 16 feels slow

Andreas Tunek andreas.tunek at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 20:02:06 UTC 2011

Hi Fedora people.

I have just installed F16 on my Asus 522 (a netbook) and everything
works regarding hw. Good work everybody!

However, compared to F15 everything feels really slow. Typing this has a
delay of about .5 seconds for every character in Evolution, and logging
into Gnome Shell takes a couple of minutes. Moving to another workspace
takes a couple of seconds.

Does anyone else get the same performance and is it expected to improve?
I can not see that anything is hogging power in the system monitor, but
there might be something I do not know that is slowing this machine
down.

Any info is appreciated!

/Andreas