what if native systemd service is slower than old sysvinit script?

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 09:03:50 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 10:16 AM, Jan F. Chadima <jchadima at redhat.com> wrote:
> [...]
>. When watching the load of the virtual machine that starts with systemd it is clear to me that the total CPU consumption is significantly greater than in the case of upstart one.

That's the whole point of doing things in parallel ... the CPU is
actually being *used* hence the higher CPU consumption. When you have
work to do you want to throw all resources at it. To get back to your
digger analogy ... when you employ 10 workers you'd rather want all of
them to work not one doing all the work and the other 9 just sitting
around.