what if native systemd service is slower than old sysvinit script?

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Thu Sep 15 14:50:16 UTC 2011

Steve Clark (sclark at netwolves.com) said:
> Is there a reason Fedora "starts a bunch of stuff that pretty much nobody
> would use in a typical desktop system" ?

One example of a synchronization point is the LVM/dmraid/etc. startup. If
we were able to conclusively determine that there weren't any of these
devices to start, we wouldn't have to have that synchronization point and
tool execution.

We're working on a way to properly assemble this stuff as it comes in if
needed, but we're not there yet.

Bill