what if native systemd service is slower than old sysvinit script?

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Fri Sep 16 12:48:05 UTC 2011

On 09/16/2011 05:01 AM, Olav Vitters wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 05:17:43PM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
>> True. As far as GNOME goes, though, whenever you suggest 'bulletproof
>> session management', they say 'that's what suspend is for'...
>
> I'd like to see proper session management. However, the existing
> X protocol is terrible (a KDE'er talked about the horrors @ Desktop
> Summit), and session management itself is really difficult.

  Temptinh as it might be, just please keep session management away from
the init daemon and let it do its one important job properly, robustly
and well and not suffer the path to sure death of trying to be all
things  - just coz it can coz its PID 1,2, 3 etc.

  :-)

 Let the Wayland, KDE, LXDE, Gnome etc daemons each deal with their own
things.