how to have yum prefer one dependency over others

Jef Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 19:46:31 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 11:38 AM, Jef Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 11:35 AM, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> The transactions are all taken in spirit from real problems, but made
>> as simple as possible. The repodata is all cut down to the bare
>> minimum.
>>

> Are you sure you didn't cut it down so much that you are hiding problems
> that your depsolving rules don't solve well?   Did you throw out someone's
> baby with all that bathwater?

If I wanted to run the same transaction tests under current yum using your
cutdown repodata directory and point yum to it?

I'm assuming you've done this already. are there particular test
transactions where yum comes up with a different solution than zif using
your cutdown repodata that you would like to draw my attention to?

-jef