how to have yum prefer one dependency over others

James Antill james at fedoraproject.org
Fri Sep 16 20:52:05 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-09-16 at 19:42 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> There's really nothing special about a package manager I assure you.

 Assuming, for a moment, that You; Seth and I are all equally
experienced in package management and that while you would "assure"
that, we would ... not.

 Given that, I'm curious if you know of any other people who agree with
your assurance ... Panu? Florian? Jindrich? ... Adam (ajax)? Jeremy?
Tim? ... any major contributor to anaconda? ... any major contributor to
apt, dpkg or zypp? Any of the rPath guys?