Yum S3 plugin

Jorge Gallegos kad at blegh.net
Sat Sep 17 04:23:10 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 11:57:51AM -0400, James Antill wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-09-14 at 21:48 -0700, Jorge Gallegos wrote:
> > So, I gather no one can shed some light on this? anyone? bueller?
> >
> > The bug (point #2) doesn't really stop the plugin from working, but it is annoying.
> >
> > Any help would be much appreciated
>
>  You'd probably have been better off mailing this to the yum devel ML
> and not fedora-devel. Anyway...

*Facepalm* you're right. My apologies... I guess I gotta work a little less because I don't know what I'm thinking half the time :-/

> > >  - Fix an annoying bug where the plugin creates an empty yum cachedir in
> > > the current directory. This is because the way the plugin works, it
> > > creates a copy of the original repo with a different grabber based on
> > > boto/urllib2 and then copies the rest of the attributes. However when
> > > the [3]new repo is created, basecachedir is empty. Can any of you fine
> > > people spot a way around that? it's been bugging me for a good week now.
>
>  This is due to the switch you are doing on the repo. objects ... using
> itermitems() seems like it's clever, to get all the data from the
> swapped out repo. ... but that's actually inherited from the config.
> object, so all you are setting are the config. options.

Actually I did this because a bunch of attrs like name and etc. weren't set. I thought this would be easier than fishing for the missing attrs

>  The RHN plugin just manually sets .base_persistdir, IIRC, and that will
> probably fix it for you too. For your usecase I'd be very tempted to not
> do the swapout at all (as it requires a lot of testing/etc.) as all you
> really need is to override the grab object and set a couple of things.

I'll take a look at the RHN plugin (should've seen that one sooner too ~.~ ) and maybe you're right... I _should_ be able to just override the grabber. I'll explore both.

Thanks a lot!