GNOME and Xfce terminal entries not distinguishable in menus

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Sat Sep 17 10:04:36 UTC 2011

Hi,

After having installed both GNOME and Xfce since F15, I noticed that the
GNOME terminal (package gnome-terminal) and Xfce terminal (package Terminal)
use the same Name and Icon in their desktop files.  So when using the
"System" menu, you have to try (and remember) which one is the one you want.

Of course, in practice I have a panel launcher for it, but wouldn't it be a
good idea to change the names of these desktop entries to "GNOME Terminal"
and "Xfce Terminal", respectively?

Thanks,

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>