how to have yum prefer one dependency over others

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sat Sep 17 10:05:42 UTC 2011

On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 10:54:35AM +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On 17 September 2011 10:38, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Yeah, it looks possible.
> > The very fact that you're exposing a C API and a library is a
> > promising start, even if it didn't yet do specifically what I needed.
>
> Would it be easier if I provided a GIR file so you can just use
> gobject-introspection?

I don't mind as long as it's callable from other languages (either
using generated bindings like GIR or using hand written bindings).

I would just caution that I found GIR was not expressive enough to
implement libguestfs bindings.  Specifically it lacked support for
optional arguments and structs (unless encapsulated as an object).  I
don't know whether or not that would affect zif.

Rich.