what if native systemd service is slower than old sysvinit script?

Steve Clark sclark at netwolves.com
Sat Sep 17 17:19:39 UTC 2011

On 09/17/2011 01:09 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-09-16 at 23:22 -0400, Steve Clark wrote:
>
>> Oh, I must have misunderstood - Gene's Mailist comment:
>> .
>>    Temptinh as it might be, just please keep session management away from
>>> the init daemon and let it do its one important job properly, robustly
>>> and well and not suffer the path to sure death of trying to be all
>>> things  - just coz it can coz its PID 1,2, 3 etc.
>> Looked like talk about session management to me.
> That was the comment I replied to and said 'we're not really talking
> about systemd any more'. =)
Hi Adam,

I guess I am confused by your comment based on what is stated at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/systemd

Which explicitly states "systemd System and Session Manager".
So it appears to me that Session Management is the next thing systemd
wants to do. In fact Lennart has stated that.

--
Stephen Clark
*NetWolves*
Email: steve.clark at netwolves.com