how to have yum prefer one dependency over others

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 08:27:00 UTC 2011

On 17 September 2011 23:06, Jef Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
> zif as packaged in F15 is returning with

Zif in F15 is a really old version, and F16 is the first release where
I'm going to support zif. The latest upstream release is 0.2.3 and I
think the version in F15 is much older than that IIRC.

> I was hoping the zif as packaged would be useful enough to to run
> transaction tests against real repos. It's looking like that's not the
> case.  If zif only seems to operate with your specially crafted stripped
> down repodata there isn't a lot to talk about at the moment.

Naa, try the version of zif in F16, or grab the latest upstream SRPM
and rebuild it for f15 from here:
http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/fedora/15/SRPMS/

I've been using zif exclusively day-to-day in F16 if that's a datapoint.

Richard.