how to have yum prefer one dependency over others

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 07:02:21 UTC 2011

On 19 September 2011 01:46, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> Well, looks like we also need a rebuild of PackageKit-zif against the new
> soname (libzif.so.3, the package in F15 is built against libzif.so.2), so I
> think the repo is the best solution if we want people to be able to test
> this. Richard, what do you think?

This is why I didn't backport the new zif to F15.

If you're confident doing the PK and zif rebuild for F15 at the same
time then I'm happy just to stick it in F15 properly rather than
having a separate repo. I didn't trust myself enough to not break PK
in a stable release, although it would only affect people with
PackageKit-zif already installed.

I'm okay with either solution. Thanks.

Richard.