F-16 Branched report: 20110920 changes

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Sep 20 12:46:55 UTC 2011

On 09/20/2011 12:53 PM, Johannes Lips wrote:
> What's wrong with all that broken deps? Is this just a missing rebuild
> against opencv and other libs or what's the reason for all this "mess".
> I mean the release of F16 is not that far away and the amount of broken
> deps is quite big imho.
> I would be glad helping out if this is due to some orphaned packages.

A lot of the broken deps for packages tagged "fc15" are due to new
packages that have been introduced into Fedora since the beta freeze
started, where the beta compose "inherits" packages from F-15 even
though there are packages built for F-16 with the correct dependencies
sitting in bodhi waiting to be pushed to stable.

I don't know why the beta freeze doesn't prevent this inheritance.

Paul.