Responsibility for rebuilding dependent components, was: F-16 Branched report: 20110920 changes

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Tue Sep 20 15:33:41 UTC 2011

On 9/20/11 11:10 AM, Miloslav Trmač wrote:

> * It's not 14 days + 3 (4?) weeks before beta freeze - even if the
> library gets out of updates-testing in time, its users may not be
> rebuilt because the maintainer is on vacation.

You could have an earthquake, too.

If you're having problems rebuilding packages downstream from you, get a
provenpackager's help.  I've done a few dozen such rebuilds for soname
changes over the course of F16 alone.

Of course, the accounts system _still_ doesn't have groups, five years
later, so provenpackager is the big hammer we have.  We could get groups
any day now, that'd be just fine.

- ajax