Responsibility for rebuilding dependent components, was: F-16 Branched report: 20110920 changes

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Tue Sep 20 20:43:22 UTC 2011

On 09/20/2011 04:33 PM, Adam Jackson wrote:

> Of course, you had the option of not pulling the new OpenSceneGraph back
> to F16, or simply not doing so yet.

Correct. I could have opted to ship the "distro which embraces novelty"
with outdated, upstream unmaintained and upstream dead packages, no user
is interested in using in anymore.

>  Particularly during a phase where
> people are trying to keep change to a minimum so we know what we're
> working with.
The change had affected 5 packages ... You are right insofar as I
underestimated the harmful impact of Fedora's wanna-be QA bureaucracy.

> I'm sorry that you don't understand release engineering, but since you
> insist on not understanding it I don't really have any sympathy for your
> packages being so visibly at fault for breakages.
Please understand, I can not take you seriously anymore.