GDBM upgrade in F17

Honza Horak hhorak at redhat.com
Wed Sep 21 11:45:01 UTC 2011

On 09/21/2011 01:14 PM, Nils Philippsen wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-09-21 at 10:59 +0000, Petr Pisar wrote:
>> Jan Horak (hhorak) is going to upgrade GDBM to version with new SONAME
>> in F17. Because rel-engs refused to provide dedicated build root, the
>> upgrade will be performed in F17 directly.
>>
>> That means Perl, Pyhon and other default-build-root packages will
>> disable support for GDBM temporarily. So if your package needs GDBM
>> support in those languages, please wait until new GDMB and other
>> packages (Perl, Python and similar) get recompiled again against this
>> new GDBM.
>
> Have you tried building gdbm, creating the buildroot in bodhi, then
> untagging gdbm from f17 instead?
>
> Nils

I understand that buildroot override in bodhi works for f16 and lower
only, am I wrong? I wanted to create a new target to make it safe, but
after a discussion with rel-engs it appears to be too big hammer for
such a few of packages. A temporary perl built without gdbm seems to be
fine enough for this purpose.

Honza