GDBM upgrade in F17

David Malcolm dmalcolm at redhat.com
Wed Sep 21 16:18:35 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-09-21 at 10:59 +0000, Petr Pisar wrote:
> Jan Horak (hhorak) is going to upgrade GDBM to version with new SONAME
> in F17. Because rel-engs refused to provide dedicated build root, the
> upgrade will be performed in F17 directly.
>
> That means Perl, Pyhon and other default-build-root packages will
> disable support for GDBM temporarily. So if your package needs GDBM
> support in those languages, please wait until new GDMB and other
> packages (Perl, Python and similar) get recompiled again against this
> new GDBM.

FWIW I added a "with_gdbm" boolean to the specfile for both python and
python3 and set it to 0, building them into rawhide as:
python-2.7.2-12.fc17 and python3-3.2.2-4.fc17  (fwiw, this was a week
ago, on 2011-09-13)

Let me know when the new gdbm is in the buildroot for f17, and we can
set those booleans to 1 and rebuild python/python3 (or some other python
maintainer/proven packager can do it).

Hope this is helpful
Dave