Buildroot overrides in Rawhide, was: GDBM upgrade in F17

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Thu Sep 22 05:54:10 UTC 2011

Dne 21.9.2011 16:52, Kevin Fenzi napsal(a):
>>> Its strange to me. There are concerns to have Rawhide usable but at
>>> the end, if somebody wants to prevents problems using dedicated
>>> build root, it is denied by Rel-Engs, because it is probably to
>>> much work. This is disappointing.
> Every target added that has a buildroot that must be generated means
> more overhead for koji. It has to populate and createrepo the
> buildroots a lot. Doing more means that other ones have to wait.

Yes, Koji might have more work, but in opposite case, Rawhide is going
to be broken and it might be broken for indefinite period of time if
something goes wrong. So should be Rawhide usable even though it would
mean that Koji has more work and somebody might wait longer for his task
or should Rawhide be broken? I would opt for slower Koji, but apparently
the "broken Rawhide" is preferred.

Vit