F-16 Branched report: 20110920 changes

Kalev Lember kalevlember at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 09:31:40 UTC 2011

On 09/22/2011 12:05 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 09/20/2011 01:12 PM, Branched Report wrote:
>> Compose started at Tue Sep 20 08:15:41 UTC 2011
>>
>> Broken deps for x86_64
>
> This breakage is weird:
>
>> 	hosts3d-1.13-2.fc15.x86_64 requires libglfw.so.2.6()(64bit)
>
> In Fedora < 16, libglfw was provided by libglfw.
>
> In git,
> * hosts3d is marked "dead.package" on master and has
>    branches for Fedora < f17.
> * libglfw is marked "dead.package" on master and has
>    branches for Fedora < f16.
>    Besides this, libglfw is in non-buildable/broken shape for f15.
>
> Note: There is _no_ branch for libglfw/f16 !!!
>

> Inside of the rpm repositories,
> * there are host3d packages for both rawhide and f16.
> * there are _no_ libglfw package for neither rawhide or f16.
>
> => The rpm repositories and git are in inconsistent shape.
>
> How do we want to get out of this mess?

Depends on how you want to resolve this. If you are going for
resurrecting the packages, then fix them up to build again and submit
new package review requests.

If you want to finish removing host3d, then there are two more steps to do:
 - retire host3d F16 branch in pkgdb
 - file a ticket with the rel-eng trac to have host3d blocked in koji
   for F16+

Blocking it in koji will get rid of the rpms in the rpm repos.

See the Package End of Life instructions at:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/PackageEndOfLife

--
Hope this helps,
Kalev