grub / grub2 conflicts

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Thu Sep 22 13:05:04 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 11:27:35AM +0100, Mark McLoughlin wrote:

> Sigh. I was joking. Obviously, if maintainers went around inserting
> Conflicts with other packages because they don't like how the other
> package works, then there'd be an order of magnitude more unpleasantness
> on fedora-devel.

The grub maintainer is telling you that the way in which you're trying
to use grub is broken. You *need* to use the grub files that are in
guest, not the host. This will be even more true with grub 2. It's not a
matter of disliking the approach, it's a matter of it being demonstrably
technically incorrect.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org