GitPython 0.3.2 RC1 and consumers

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Sep 23 20:41:51 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 12:54:35PM -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
> I'm upgrading GitPython from 0.2x to 0.3 in rawhide.  There are some changes that require consumers to do some minor porting, briefly outlined at http://packages.python.org/GitPython/0.3.2/whatsnew.html#guided-upgrade
>
> I don't know who all consumes GitPython, I know I do for rpkg/fedpkg.
>
> I bring this up not only for rawhide, but I would like to bring this into Fedora 16 too.  The 0.2 code base has reached end of line, and I'd rather not have it in an upcoming release.  But since there could require porting I wanted to send this out and get an idea of there are any consumers out there.

Could this be causing Rawhide Koji builds to fail now?

I get:
FAILED: BuildError: error retrieving sources, mock exited with status 1; see build.log for more information

which seems to be caused by this error:
'gitdb' could not be found in your PYTHONPATH

Some googling indicated this was related to gitpython in some way.

Rich.