[Test-Announce] Testing requested: proposed fixes for #738964 (bootloader install issues)

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Sat Sep 24 00:35:27 UTC 2011

On Fri, 23 Sep 2011 16:20:43 -0700
Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:

> If you want to help test 16.19, tflink is working on a boot.iso and
> I'm uploading a live image, both of which include the newer anaconda.
> We'll mail when those are available. Please don't bother with any
> more testing of the updates.imgs. Thanks all!

The preRC2 netinstall images have been built and are available for
testing.

x86_64 netinstall iso:
 http://tflink.fedorapeople.org/iso/20110923_preBetaRC2.x64.boot.iso
 http://tflink.fedorapeople.org/iso/20110923_preBetaRC2.x64.boot.iso.sha256

i386 netinstall iso:
 http://tflink.fedorapeople.org/iso/20110923_preBetaRC2.i386.boot.iso
 http://tflink.fedorapeople.org/iso/20110923_preBetaRC2.i386.boot.iso.sha256

In preparation for the beta RC2 compose, we could use testing and karma
on the following updates:

Doing a regular install should be enough to give karma for
 - https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/anaconda-16.19-1.fc16
 - https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/firstboot-16.4-1.fc16

Running the "save traceback to bugzilla" testcase [1] would be awesome
to get some more testing and karma for:
 - https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/libreport-2.0.5.980-1.fc16

Using bridged networking in F16 should be enough to give karma for:
 - https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/dnsmasq-2.58-2.fc16

If you happen to build your own install isos, please give karma to:
 - https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/lorax-16.4.4-1.fc16

[1]
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Anaconda_save_traceback_to_bugzilla