Need systemd unit file help.

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 13:48:16 UTC 2011

I just took over the akmods package at RPM Fusion and one of the many
BZ requests is to convert it to systemd.

The current suggestion is:
[Unit]
Description=Builds and install new kmods from akmod packages
After=syslog.target
Before=prefdm.service

[Service]
Type=oneshot
ExecStart=-/usr/sbin/akmods --from-init

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

But this only works for people using the video driver akmod packages.
There are also other packages such as network drivers and possibly
others.

Is there some way to make this more dynamic so that the run
dependencies can be defined by what akmod packages are installed?

I think I remember reading a thread where one unit file can call other
unit files? Is there some way to setup a akmods.d/ type directory
where the individual akmod driver packages can stick unit files?

Thanks,
Richard