grub / grub2 conflicts

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Sep 26 19:49:23 UTC 2011

Doug Ledford wrote:

> [...]

A forked GRUB for virtualization purposes only would definitely not be
critpath. And I'd argue that even a non-forked GRUB 1 SHOULD no longer be
critpath now that we default to GRUB 2, but you'd have to bring that to
FESCo.

(FWIW, IMHO, the whole critpath nonsense should be abolished, it only causes
problems and solves none.)

        Kevin Kofler