Need systemd unit file help.

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 13:52:30 UTC 2011

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 11:32 AM, Lennart Poettering
<mzerqung at 0pointer.de> wrote:
> My question to you: why are these modules built at boot time at all? Why
> not at install time? Seems like the more appropriate time to me, given
> that the set of kernel packages does not change during boot, but only at
> install time.

I'm still learning about the package but it appears that the build on
boot is really just a catch-all. There's actually a script it puts in
/etc/kernels/postinst.d/ in order to rebuild the kernel modules after
a new kernel install.

I think the problem is that sometimes a new kernel is installed
(testing or other manual method) that doesn't pull in the kernel-devel
package... of course, if that's not corrected before reboot then the
run on boots going to fail as well.

Thanks,
Richard