Is there a mono developer in the house? Need help building moonlight.

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 14:53:02 UTC 2011

I'm trying to package moonlight for possible inclusion at RPM Fusion
but I'm having some issues.

1. pkg-config problem:

I'm currently working on version 2.4.1 moonlight since it's the latest
stable. It apparently is supposed to work with mono 2.6 but 2.10 is
what F15 has, hopefully 2.6 is only a minimum.

I've already had to hack the main Makefile because of what I think is a
pkg-config issue with mono.

By default, the moonlight Makefile uses:

$ pkg-config --cflags mono

which returns nothing, while:

$ pkg-config --cflags mono-2
-D_REENTRANT -I/usr/lib64/pkgconfig/../../include/mono-2.0

^ returns what I need. ^

2. After that I'm getting most of the way though the compile but it's
failing looking for Mono.Cecil.dll. It's looking for it in a rather
strange place so I may have to hack the Makefile a bit to get it to
find it in the right place.

Here's the error I'm getting:
make[3]: Entering directory
`/home/build/rpmbuild/moonlight/BUILD/moonlight-2.4.1/class'
make[3]: *** No rule to make target
`/usr/bin/class/lib/net_1_1/Mono.Cecil.dll', needed by
`copy-mcs-assemblies'.  Stop.

I don't have a problem hacking the makefile to look in the right place
except the file (assuming I found the right one) is in an odd
directoy:

$ locate Mono.Cecil.dll
/usr/lib64/mono/gac/Mono.Cecil/0.9.4.0__0738eb9f132ed756/Mono.Cecil.dll

I can manually put that in the makefile but it seems that location is
likely to change on an update of mono...

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Richard