GNOME 3 - font point sizes now scaled?

Frank Murphy frankly3d at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 16:36:12 UTC 2011

On 30/09/11 17:12, Felix Miata wrote:
> On 2011/09/30 11:09 (GMT-0400) Peter Robinson composed:
>
>>   can you provide an
>> explanation of the changes and the rationale behind them?
>
> I think it's become clear over the past couple of years that the Gnome and
> KDE devs have decided they're controlling a playgound rather than software
> for users to be productive with, expecting those who don't like their silly
> power sapping toys to goto XFCE, LXDE or elsewhere to absolve themselves of
> the effects of naive and anarchist devs.

I don't use Gnome since F10?
But, what I surmise is, if you don't progress you stagnate.

Rawhide, with hindsight  would probably,
have been the better candidate for any major advance.
When more of the bugs\gripes could have been ironed out.
Then place it in FN+1 Branched for greater feedback.

Maybe it has been done that way, honestly don't know.
But introduce in Rawhide, instead of Branched.

--
Regards,

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded