Dependencies on Bodhi Updates

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Mon Apr 2 09:39:39 UTC 2012

> So I really see two options for improving these situations:
> 1) https://fedorahosted.org/bodhi/ticket/663 I opened this ticket two
> months ago (to silence). The idea would be to add the ability for
> bodhi
> updates to mark other updates as a dependency, so that in the example
> above, Firefox could have been marked as ready for stable, but not
> pushed until the nss update was also marked as ready for stable. This
> me seems like the best long-term solution. I'd also like to mention
> that
> Ubuntu's Launchpad system has this capability.

Having this implemented manually would be great. In the future I'd like to replace it with automatic process managed by AutoQA. AutoQA would say Bodhi "this update can be only pushed together with this other update, because the first one depends on the second one". The maintainer wouldn't then be forced to create mega-updates for dependent packages.