Hello

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Mon Apr 2 17:56:28 UTC 2012

On 04/02/2012 10:45 AM, Dmitriy Nikolaev wrote:
> Thank you for your fast answer.
> That's interesting. But, could you, please, tell me also, if in the
> future, not now, I would like to participate in kernel developing,
> then is it possible to join those guys?

Please reply to the mailing list. This kind of discussion is helpful for
others to see and, later, find in the archives.

It's entirely possible, but it will take time. First off; The kernel
development is split into many, many parts. Second, the kernel
development is not under the direction of any distribution, though
distributions contribute.

If you want to help, I suggest you start first with a smaller package.
Get some experience and develop a name for yourself in the community.
Over time, as you grow in experience, you will get to know people and be
able to contribute to larger projects. Remember that opensource is a
meritocracy; You need to have a body of work to point to when asking to
join core projects like kernel development.

Cheers. :)

--
Digimer