Install Fedora Button for LiveCD

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Tue Apr 3 15:35:36 UTC 2012

On Apr 3, 2012, at 8:29 AM, Matthias Clasen wrote:

> So, we decided for F16 that we don't want to add extensions like that to
> the shell that we ship on the live cd. It should be the default
> experience.
>
> For the 'make installing obvious' problem, what we really want is to
> just autostart the installer. Unfortunately, the current live installer
> does not really work well for that...

Is it a default experience to autostart apps?

If I'm using the LiveCD for troubleshooting, from actual media, do I really want to persistently experience the additional delays resulting from 2-3 minutes of lag while autostarting an installer I have no intention of using?

Doesn't this seem like additional hostility to mask over prior user hostile UI? I think the original premise is what needs to be challenged here.

Chris Murphy