Install Fedora Button for LiveCD

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Tue Apr 3 18:01:47 UTC 2012

To summarize, I see two major paths:

a) Make installer launcher more visible:
e.g. http://kparal.fedorapeople.org/misc/InstallFedoraButton.png

-or-

b) Use a proxy window asking which use case is relevant for you:
e.g. http://i.imgur.com/I26vS.png

Both approaches are fine in my view and certainly improve the current state. The implementation of each approach can very a lot, especially for the first one.

One more comment to "we want to provide the default experience":
Gnome Shell is quite intuitive *once you know it*. But if you see it for the first time, it is not, it brings a lot of new concepts. And it lacks any options to make an important launcher really visible. For this reason the stock/default experience is not suitable for the LiveCD installer use case. It is not a fault, because it targets something else. We just need to adjust it accordingly in this case.